83 ch Saint-Andre
Procurement: Denis Roy
Mon - Thur: 8am to 5pm
Please note that our receiving schedule will change for the summer vacations:
• for July 15th, receiving will finish at 4:30 PM;
• we will be closed from July 18th to August 2nd, 2021;
We will be back to our regular hours on Tuesday, August 3rd, 2021.
Effective October 27, 2020: SBC Cedar will be accepting deliveries of shingle wood Monday to Thursday 8 to 5.
NOTE: Not taking sawlogs at their mill until further notice.
1. Minimum diameter: Top - 9" outside bark, 12" minimum butt.
2. Lengths need to be slashed to 8'8".
3. All branches have to be removed and cut flush with the stem.
4. Only stems topped with a chainsaw will be accepted (sheared tops will be refused).
5. No forked, or crooked stems.
6. Logs must be hauled separate from treelength.
7. Maximum of 1" curve per foot.
8. Must be cut above root level to minimize butt flare.
9. Logs with large end diameter of 16" and less must contain a minimum of three faces of 4" of sound peripheral wood. Logs with large end diameter of more than 16" must contain a minimum of three faces of 5" of sound peripheral wood. NOTE: Not accepting as of Sept. 17, 2020.
10. Excessive heart rot, sap rot, ring shake, split, soft rot, hard red rot, ant holes, worm holes, woodpecker holes, dry wood, and black heart, whether isolated, or grouped, may cause rejection of the stem.
11. Special attention has to be given to black heart during winter operations. All the surface area affected by this coloration has to be considered culled wood.
*PRICES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE*