Port Hawkesbury Paper
120 Pulp Mill Road
PO Box 9500
Port Hawkesbury, NS
Effective April 12, 2019: Port Hawkesbury Paper and the holding yard at Berry Mills will no longer be accepting deliveries.
1. Spruce and Balsam Fir only.
2. Freshly cut in: April - must be delivered within 4 weeks May 1 - Sept. 30 - must be delivered within 3 weeks
October - must be delivered within 4 weeks
Nov 1 - March 31 - must be delivered by April 30
3. Random Length: 14' - 20' (4.5 - 6m) preferred.
Cut to Length: 8' - 9' preferred, 6' (1.8m) minimum.
4. Diameter: Minimum 6cm inside bark, maximum 75cm outside bark.
5. Maximum of 100 undersized sticks per load (cut to length), or 30 undersized sticks per load (random length).
6. All bolts must be reasonably straight without sharp crooks, and all limbs trimmed flush with the bolt surface. The sweep of a bolt must not exceed 30cm.
7. Loads containing charred or burnt wood or hardwood will be rejected.
8. No sap rot.
9. A load may contain up to 10% bright, dry wood.
10. Stain is acceptable if annual rings are clearly visible.
11. Heart rot and holes: Diameter less than 13cm - no rot
Diameter 13 - 20cm - one third diameter max.
Diameter over 20cm - one half diameter max.
12. Decayed wood in a load will be accepted within these limits, provided that the cull stick volume plus the actual rot volume does not exceed 5.0% of the load volume. The actual rot volume in sticks containing acceptable rot will be deducted from the load volume.
*Loads below specifications may have deductions applied or be rejected.*