JD Irving: Grand Lake Timber (Chipman)
290 Main Street
Wood Purchase Rep. - Wendell Munn
Sun: 7:00PM - Fri: 4:30PM (24 hours)
Please Note: Sawlog Prices are effective May 10, 2020
Gr 19, 19B Studwood Prices are effective July 22, 2019
Gr 29, 29B Studwood Prices are effective June 8, 2020
**Check specifications carefully before cutting**
Effective June 1, 2020: JD Irving: Grand Lake Timber will resume accepting gatewood (non-contract) purchase wood deliveries of studwood.
See table below for Diameter and Length specifications.
1. No more than 25% diameter rot or 1/3 of gross log volume in defects from damage, rot, sweep, porcupine chews, etc.
2. No excessive knots; not more than 12 knots 1" - 3" in diameter, OR not more than 8 knots greater than 3" diameter in any 4ft section of a log.
3. No forked logs, or burned/charred wood.
Grade 1 Sawlog Quality:
1. Spruce/Fir only; min 75% spruce, max 25% fir (white wood only).
2. Loads must contain greater than 50% 16' logs.
3. Must be delivered within 3 months of date cut.
Grade 2 Sawlog Quality:
1. Spruce/Fir/Jack Pine in any proportion. Jack Pine must be separated on the load so it can be sorted when unloading.
2. As for Grade 1 except there may be less than 50% 16' logs in the load.
3. Age constraints same as Grade 1.
Grade 19 Studwood Quality:
1. Spruce/Fir only; max 25% fir (white wood only), no Jack Pine
2. Must be delivered within 3 months of date cut.
3. No rot, no forked bolts, ends cut square.
4. Taper or sweep must be less than 2" over the length of the bolt.
5. Loads may contain up to 20% 8ft studs (99" - 103"). 8-foot studs 4.5" minimum 12" maximum (inside bark)
Grade 29 Studwood Quality:
1. Spruce/Fir only; greater than 25% fir content.
2. Same specs as Grade 19.
*Loads that achieve quality sample results greater than or equal to 90% shall be paid a $2/GMT quality bonus.*
Link to JDI Irving Specifications for Logs:
Link to JDI Irving Specifications for Studwood:
*PRICES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE*