JD Irving: Grand Lake Timber (Chipman)
290 Main Street
Wood Purchase Rep. - Wendell Munn
Sun: 7:00PM - Fri: 4:30PM (24 hours)
NOTE: Chipman Mill will be staying open this weekend
(March 3rd to 5th) to accept loads from Private Producers. Please be advised, there may be occasional delays to scale.
Please Note: Prices are effective August 28, 2022
**Check specifications carefully before cutting**
NOTICE: Please be advised that we will be down to one set of weigh scales at Chipman this week on our Tuesday night (Nov 9th) and Wednesday day (Nov 10th) shifts.
This interruption is necessary as we work to have our Weigh Scales certification renewed with Measurement Canada.
Expect some delays if delivering during these two shifts.
If you can arrange for minimal deliveries during these two shifts it would be appreciated.
Call if any questions.
See table below for Diameter and Length specifications.
1. No more than 25% diameter rot or 1/3 of gross log volume in defects from damage, rot, sweep, porcupine chews, etc.
2. No excessive knots; not more than 12 knots 1" - 3" in diameter, OR not more than 8 knots greater than 3" diameter in any 4ft section of a log.
3. No forked logs, or burned/charred wood.
Grade 1 Sawlog Quality:
1. Spruce/Fir only; min 75% spruce, max 25% fir (white wood only).
2. Loads must contain greater than 50% 16' logs.
3. Must be delivered within 3 months of date cut.
Grade 2 Sawlog Quality:
1. Spruce/Fir/Jack Pine in any proportion. Jack Pine must be separated on the load so it can be sorted when unloading.
2. As for Grade 1 except there may be less than 50% 16' logs in the load.
3. Age constraints same as Grade 1.
Grade 19 Studwood Quality:
1. Spruce/Fir only; max 25% fir (white wood only), no Jack Pine
2. Must be delivered within 3 months of date cut.
3. No rot, no forked bolts, ends cut square.
4. Taper or sweep must be less than 2" over the length of the bolt.
5. Loads may contain up to 20% 8ft studs (99" - 103"). 8-foot studs 4.5" minimum 12" maximum (inside bark)
Grade 29 Studwood Quality:
1. Spruce/Fir only; greater than 25% fir content.
2. Same specs as Grade 19.
*Loads that achieve quality sample results greater than or equal to 90% shall be paid a $2/GMT quality bonus.*
Link to JDI Irving Specifications for Logs:
Link to JDI Irving Specifications for Studwood:
*PRICES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE*