Arbec Forest Products
1101 Water Street
(506) 778-2700 ext. 1 then press 1
Wood Purchase Supervisor: Rene Landry
Effective June 6, 2022: Arbec is open to deliveries.
Reminder: Keep the marketing board informed of your planned deliveries. Softwood Pulp is restricted and must be on the list sent to the mill.
Fuel Adjustment: The prices below are August prices including adjustments. Prices are in effect until November 30, 2022.
Click the buttons to see notices pertaining to delivery of wood to Arbec.
1. Wood must be of the following species/ species groups only and delivered separately on truckloads: a)Poplar, b) Other Mixed Hardwoods, c) Softwoods.
2. Length: 96" (2.44m); 84" (2.14m) Min, 106" (2.70m) Max.
3. Poplar/Hardwood diameter: 3" (8cm) Min, 25" (64cm) Max.
Softwood diameter: 3.5" (9cm) Min, 25" (64cm) Max.
*all diameter measurements are inside bark*
4. No bolt shall have more than 6" (15cm) of sweep over its entire length.
5. No crooks/forks.
6. No wood over 3 months old, No dead/burnt trees.
7. No more than 50% rot in hardwood bolts
No more than 20% rot in softwood bolts except fir.
No rot (0%) in fir bolts.
8. All limbs, knots, stubs and projections shall be cut flush with the body of the bolt.
9. All loads must have a rounded top lower than the stakes. No cross piling, mud, brush etc. will be allowed in the load. All trucks must have 4 solid stakes. Trailers loaded lengthwise require 2 ft. of clearance between tiers.
10. Loads that have an excessive amount of defective wood will be rejected.
*PRICES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE*